Come home to a pleasant rural town in eastern Connecticut, rich in history. Lebanon, in New London County, CT was farmed over 300 years ago by English settlers, and is known for playing a significant role in the American Revolution as a base of American operations. As of 2000, there were just under 7,000 residents, which enables the town to retain its small town charm. If you are considering Lebanon, CT real estate, you will be pleased with the appeal of this historic community.
Businesses, Attractions and Events in Lebanon, CT
The largest employers in Lebanon are the school system and local farms. There is Amston Lake, which is a 188-acre lake shared between Lebanon and Hebron. There are also Amston Lake properties in Lebanon, of which about 70% are seasonal. Other attractions and businesses in Leabon include:
• KofKoff Egg Farms – CT’s largest producer of eggs
• Lebanon School District – 3 local schools
• Local churches – First Congregational Church, Lebanon Baptist Church , Saint Francis of Assisi Roman Catholic Church, The Redeemer Lutheran Church, Lebanon Bible Church and Goshen Congregational Church.
• Lebanon Country Fair – earliest fair ever held in CT, great agricultural shows
• Homes of past prominent citizens – Gov. Trumbull (the only British colonial governor to side with rebel forces during the American Revolution and served as a personal aide to George Washington) and William Beaumont
• The Lebanon Historical Society Museum and Visitor Center
The Evolution of Local Farms into Increasing Lebanon Real Estate Properties
After World War II, the farmers unwilling to modernize their practices led to the increase of the sale of farm land for use as housing lots. The new available properties in Lebanon, CT began to attract suburbanites. There are however, still plenty of farms, which produce eggs, dairy products and crops, such as fruits, vegetables and raise livestock. The mixture of the open farmland spaces coupled with the more modern real estate and homes in Lebanon, make for a charming combination. You may be relocating to Lebanon, CT to enjoy the scenic beauty, the lake or find a job in agriculture, but whatever the reason, Lebanon is a great place to call home.
Live in Lebanon, with its Rich History and Rural Appeal
Lebanon may be a small town, but its rich and full of history and neighborly kindness. Come home to a community where you can still know your neighbors as you walk down the street. If you are just visiting the area to decide if you want to search the homes for sale in Lebanon, be sure to check out all the American Revolution historical sites, Amston Lake or take a drive to appreciate all the beautiful farmland. Contact us, Elaine and Tom Burns, expert Lebanon, CT real estate agents, to help assist you in exploring the area and searching for Lebanon properties for sale. If you are buying, we can help you find something to suit your needs. We can also help you sell your current property in order to search for a new Lebanon home. Let’s get started today.